Goals play a vital role in the success of any endeavor that we take. This extends up to the multi-level marketing (MLM) business. Having a clear set of goals can help direct you towards the end result that you desire be it financial stability and disposable income, having the chance to get your dream house, or sending your kids to the best school there is.
A simple rule to follow when creating goals for your business is to go for the SMART approach—your goals have to be SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, RELEVANT, and TIME-BOUND.
Below is how you can determine if your goals are SMART:
A specific goal will usually answer the five “W” questions:
- What: What do I want to accomplish?
- Why: Specific reasons, purpose or benefits of accomplishing the goal.
- Who: Who is involved?
- Where: Identify a location.
- Which: Identify requirements and constraints.
A measurable goal will usually answer questions such as:
- How much?
- How many?
- How will I know when it is accomplished?
An attainable goal will usually answer the question:
- How: How can the goal be accomplished?
A relevant goal can answer yes to these questions:
- Does this seem worthwhile?
- Is this the right time?
- Does this match our other efforts/needs?
- Are you the right person?
A time-bound goal will usually answer the question:
- What can I do 6 months from now?
- What can I do 6 weeks from now?
- What can I do today?